- Isolation and characterization of bioactive natural products (NP) having any structure and from any natural source, with extensive experience in the separation of highly polar and water-soluble compounds.
- Synthesis of natural products and derivatives.
- Development of new treatments for bacterial infections of farmed fish pathogens using its iron uptake pathways.
- Using the most modern NMR methods in structural analysis. Special emphasis on developing configurational analysis based on coupling constants for the determination of the relative stereochemistry in acyclic compounds.
- Research and development of new antifouling agents.
- Stress response in bacteria and cross-resistance phenomenon.